Can Installing A Tablet Actually Save Money For A Hotel?
One of the first questions that pops in the mind of hoteliers, when we give demos of Blynk iHotel is, whether the cost of installing tablets has a reasonable ROI.
Below are the typical costs of all the in-room material a tablet can replace in a 4 or 5 star hotel. This includes the cost of designing, printing and replacing them, once a year.
- In-room dining menu $50 – $100
- Leather bound directory of hotel services $50 – $100
- Printed Hotel Promotion Material $20 – $100
- Hardcover book of the Bible, Quran or similar religious book $10 – $20
- Newspapers and its daily distribution
- Local Travel Magazines
- Alarm Clocks $20 – $100
A hotel typically spends $150 – $400 which can replaced by a tablet.
A 7” premium tablet like the Google Nexus 7 costs $200 only which lasts for a minimum of 3 years. So the yearly cost is less than $100.
If you are still unconvinced, a good idea is to buy a few tablets for your premium customers only. Getting your own hotel app as an experiment is easy as you can take advantage of our special introductory pricing.