Ways To Promote Your Hotel App
Once you have your own shining new mobile and tablet app, then what. How do you promote your app to your guests, how do you spread the word, how do you encourage guests use the app in the hotel. Below are some of the ways you can do this.
We will provide support to promote the app to your guests. Some best practices are as follows:
- App Download icon – We shall send your very own App Download icon like below, which you can place on your website and social media sites.
- QR Code – We shall send you a QR Code which you can place on your website, social media sites and printed marketing material. You can also print this on your room keycards.
- Lobby Poster – Put a poster in your lobby informing your guests about the app.
- Amenities / Facilities – Under Amenities / Facilities section on your website and hotel booking sites, add the following text:
“Guests are given iPads / tablets with our hotel app preinstalled. Guests can explore hotel information, local information, place requests for hotel services and order in-room dining directly from the app. We are among the first few hotels to provide such a revolutionary guest experience.”
- App screenshots – Add app screenshots on your website and social media sites.
- App video – We shall upload your app video to YouTube on request. You can have a link to the video on your website and social media sites.
- Press release – Do a press release (we can send you the text).
- Advertise your app online on Google AdMob and Facebook. These ad platforms let you put advertisements for your apps directly on guests mobile devices. You can target specific devices and countries. If you want, we will help you create your first ad campaign for your app.
- Bluetooth & Wi-Fi Marketing – You can install a Bluetooth and Wi-Fi Marketing Device in your lobby. When a guest walks in with a smartphone in which either bluetooth or Wi-Fi is on, he will get a message on his device asking whether he would like to install your hotel app. We can help you source this device in your country.
- SMS – Send a SMS to your guest 1 day before check-in with a link to your hotel app.
- NFC Tags – You can buy NFC tags, which are of negligible cost, and place them at different locations like the front desk, room key cards, room study table and so on. When a guest taps on the NFC sticker with a NFC phone (like the latest Android phones), the app will download on his device.
– Sunny Goenka, Co-Founder.